Meghan Rosen's Articles
- NewsThe newly discovered structure of a human serotonin receptor linked to LSD could reveal why the drug’s hallucinogenic effects last so long.
- Science VisualizedA cryo-electron microscopy map of immature Zika virus offers a never-before-seen glimpse of remodeling of the virus’s protein and RNA core.
- FeatureThe animals that lived through the great extinction event had a range of survival strategies to get them through.
- Science TickerFossils unearthed in China reveal a newly discovered, now-extinct species of otter that lived some 6.2 million years ago.
- News in BriefFossils unearthed in China reveal a newly discovered, now-extinct species of otter that lived some 6.2 million years ago.
- News in BriefA robotic sleeve that slips around the heart mimics the heart’s natural movement, squeezing and twisting to pump blood in pigs. If it works in humans, it could buy time for heart failure patients awaiting a transplant.
- Growth CurveUnlike some past recommendations, new guidelines state that introducing babies to peanut-containing foods early is generally OK, with certain caveats.
- NewsThe knot is woven from 192 atoms of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen and forms a triple braid with eight crossing points.
- The –estTwo 52-million-year-old tomatillo fossils in Patagonia push the origin of nightshade plants back millions of years, to the time when dinosaurs roamed.
- News in BriefThe Ebola vaccine rVSV-ZEBOV proved effective at stopping the spread of the virus in a clinical trial in West Africa.