Nathan Seppa's Articles
- News in BriefThe antidepressant tranylcypromine might also work as antiviral against herpes, animal studies suggest.
- NewsA new class of drugs uncloaks tumors in some patients, awakening home-grown cells to fight several cancer types.
- NewsNo survival gain found in people age 60 and over who took daily dose of aspirin.
- News in BriefRare mutations in a key gene seem to lower bad cholesterol and provide protection against heart disease.
- News in BriefMalaria parasite’s jump from monkeys to people seems aided by deforestation in Malaysia.
- News in BriefA new test that swabs for traces of snake DNA around bite marks can identify the guilty serpent and may improve treatments.
- News in BriefIn a small trial, a nutritional supplement derived from shiitake mushrooms wiped out dormant human papillomavirus infections.
- NewsShots reduce severe cases of dengue among children in large study in Latin America.
- NewsIn a study of 60,000 Swedes, drinking three or more classes of milk a day was associated with higher chances of death, cancer and hip fractures.
- News in BriefKids in Europe and Australia are slightly more active in longer-lit evenings, a new study shows.