Nathan Seppa's Articles
- News in BriefSince a new vaccine was introduced in 2010, the number of antibiotic-resistant pneumococcal infections in kids has plunged.
- News in BriefEarly test suggests adult med may work in kids with diarrheal disease.
- NewsAthletes in contact sports should wash their hands (and dirty gym clothes) often, researchers say.
- ScreentimeAn interactive online map illustrates the rise in U.S. obesity since 1990.
- NewsStudies in people and mice suggest reining in blood sugar can improve recovery from a spinal cord injury.
- News in BriefBlood samples taken from patients after surgery might reveal who is destined for a quick rebound.
- NewsNew projections of the outbreak suggest that without drastic improvements, weekly cases could increase from hundreds to thousands.
- NewsCommon cholesterol-lowering drugs called statins may help people who have suffered a stroke caused by ruptured blood vessels.
- FeatureAntibiotic stewardship requires education, diligence, and changes in prescribing. At some hospitals, it’s beginning to halt a dangerous trend.
- NewsAn experimental treatment for genital herpes suppresses the viral infection better than the standard drug, but animal tests raise concerns about side effects.