Nathan Seppa's Articles
- News in BriefA virus on an office door handle can spread to more than half the people working there within a few hours.
- News in BriefThe experimental drug, given in a single shot, could prove useful in the event of a lethal flu pandemic.
- News in BriefAn experimental vaccine protected macaques from infection with the Ebola virus up to 10 months after receiving the two-shot regimen.
- News in BriefNovartis’ experimental therapy LCZ696 lowers blood pressure and increases survival rates when compared with a standard drug.
- News in BriefIn a test, 18 monkeys injected with the Ebola virus and treated with an experimental drug called ZMapp survived.
- News in BriefNIH and NIAID have announced that human tests of an experimental vaccine against Ebola virus will begin in early September.
- NewsCartilage-making cells from the nose grew into patches that successfully replaced damaged or missing cartilage in the knees of goats and of humans.
- FilmA TV documentary dissects concerns about vaccinations and spells out the science supporting their use.
- NewsThe use of experimental drugs and vaccines against Ebola may turn the tide against an outbreak in Africa that has defied efforts to control it.
- NewsTreatment saved young and old mice from overactive immune response to infection.