Nathan Seppa's Articles
- Science TickerMajor league baseball pitchers who undergo two Tommy John surgeries have shorter careers than peers who don’t have the surgery, a new study finds.
- Science TickerThe Obama Administration has launched a long-term plan to curb antibiotic resistance, unveiling incentives and requirements designed to boost surveillance and diagnosis of resistant microbes.
- NewsAn experimental Crohn’s disease drug triggers a high remission rate in patients.
- News in BriefAspirin and NSAIDs appear widely protective against colorectal cancer, but not for everyone.
- Science TickerDisruptions in vaccination campaigns in West Africa during the Ebola outbreak could lead to as many as 16,000 deaths from measles in the coming months.
- News in BriefAdolescents may be more apt to experience an extreme allergic reaction than younger children, researchers report.
- News in BriefAn experimental herpes vaccine works in animal tests by using an approach starkly different from that used in previous vaccine development.
- Reviews & Previews‘Feral Cities’ explores the wildlife living amongst us, sometimes noticed and sometimes not.
- NewsA large trial in China indicates that a vaccine can provide 87 percent protection against the hepatitis E virus, which infects 20 million people a year.
- Science TickerA survey of pediatricians and family doctors finds parents frequently put off vaccines for babies even though doctors warn it can place the children at risk of illness.