Nathan Seppa's Articles
- News in BriefSecondhand smoke exposure in the womb may heighten risk of eczema and other dermatitis in children, a study finds.
- News in BriefBreast-feeding newborns might limit their allergy to pets later by inducing a protective mix of gut microbes in the baby.
- Science TickerA federal vaccine advisory committee voted February 26 to recommend use of an expanded version of the human papillomavirus shot marketed as Gardasil.
- NewsIn many infants at risk of developing a peanut allergy, early and steady exposure to peanut butter prevents it, a new study finds.
- FeatureScientists are shedding light on all the ways that chronic stress can boost inflammation and lead to serious health problems.
- FeatureCounseling, mindfulness training and purposeful social contact may counteract the effects of chronic stress.
- NewsA new vaccine that covers more strains of the human papillomavirus protects better against cervical and other cancers.
- NewsThe 2014–2015 measles outbreak in the United States has now reached people in 17 states and the District of Columbia.
- News in BriefBy adding a tracer compound that sticks to the amino acid glutamine, researchers may be able to discern and monitor cancerous tissues in the brain.
- News in BriefTaking iron supplements after donating blood can dramatically reduce the time it takes to recover iron levels in the blood, a study finds.