Patrick Barry's Articles
- NewsA new way to treat diabetes could recruit cells in the gut to make insulin when the pancreas can’t.
- NewsA radically different form of contraception would prevent pregnancies with small molecules of RNA.
- NewsCustomized RNA snippets delivered by a harmless virus could someday provide a new way to combat the hepatitis B virus.
- NewsWhen inherited from mom, a gene linked to obesity and diabetes interferes with blood sugar metabolism.
- NewsA new 3-D microscopy technique offers unprecedented views of cells.
- NewsSpheres of fat suggest a way that life on Earth could have gotten started.
- NewsBy watching bacteria evolve in the lab for 20 years, researchers show that evolution may be rather capricious.
- NewsIn a step toward someday making brain-controlled prosthetic arms for people, scientists have trained monkeys to control a robotic arm with their thoughts. Click on the image to read the story and see the video.
- NewsUsing software that mimics neural networks, researchers have found new mosquito repellents that last longer than commercially available repellent.
- NewsUnsuspected, ever-changing variation among stem cells in bone marrow helps determine the development path the cells will follow during differentiation.