Rachel Ehrenberg's Articles
- News in BriefAn analysis of Facebook activity can identify new moms with postpartum depression.
- NewsChemical reactions discovered in the 19th century improve the performance of futuristic batteries.
- News in BriefTeenagers are using e-cigarettes more than any other tobacco product and for many, it’s the first time they’ve tried a tobacco product at all.
- How BizarreUsing limited data from Facebook, computers can outdo humans in assessing a user’s openness, neuroticism and other personality traits.
- FeatureSaccharin messes with the body’s ability to metabolize fuel, a condition that often precedes diabetes, obesity and other metabolic problems.
- FeatureNew genetic letters in bacteria and a simplified yeast chromosome showcase scientists' advances in understanding the simplicity and complexity of life.
- NewsA new way to make stem cells produces fuzzy cells that appear as flexible as other types of stem cells, but are easier to grow in the lab and avoid ethical issues.
- NewsPrototypes of electronic medical devices constructed from organic materials are noninvasive yet offer similar performance as silicon-based health sensors.
- NewsScientists have pinpointed two brain regions involved in linking odors to their names, with implications for why smells are hard to identify.
- NewsLow levels of oxygen may have hindered evolution of animal life hundreds of millions of years ago.