Rachel Ehrenberg's Articles
- NewsGovernment scientists are collaborating to shift the testing of potentially toxic chemicals away from animals to methods that use high-speed automated robots, which should generate data relevant to humans faster and more cheaply than current methods.
- NewsRecent studies of spatial reasoning in deaf children support the notion that language helps people encode certain concepts and suggest that using spatial language with children may boost overall reasoning skills.
- FeatureJellyfish have been swimming the seas for at least 550 million years, and research is now revealing how the challenges of moving in fluid have shaped the creatures' evolution.
- NewsSounds can travel to a whale's ears through its throat, an acoustic pathway that might be ancient in the whale lineage.
- NewsDioxin exposure at an early age affects sperm quality later in life.
- NewsForty outstanding young scientists will travel to Washington, D.C., for the final round of the 2008 Intel Science Talent Search.
- NewsPotato varieties from Chile arrived in Europe several years before the blights of the mid-1800s, a new analysis of DNA from old plant collections reveals.
- NewsCelery's tasteless compounds make chicken soup taste better.
- NewsFish alter the growth of crystals in their skin, making it supershiny.