Rachel Ehrenberg's Articles
- NewsTechnique combines silicon, magnesium and silk for medical implants, transistors and digital cameras that can melt away.
- NewsThe insects can quickly calculate the best route between flowers.
- NewsInsulating steam keeps a superhot object from splattering the soup.
- NewsPeople were more likely to take part in the November 2010 election when they were told that their online friends already had.
- Culture Beaker
- NewsCells offload much of their nonessential work on enzymes that juggle a number of tasks.
- NewsA new filter that separates the two substances only using gravity could help clean oil spills.
- FeatureThe gas, primarily methane, is cheap and relatively clean. Because America is brimful of the stuff, harvesting the fuel via fracking could provide the country jobs and reduce its dependence on foreign sources of energy.
- NewsTwo-chamber nanowire device that quickly finds diagnostic molecules in blood could be a lifesaver.
- NewsExploiting a standard tool of art conservation can help police find painted-over bloodstains.