Authored Articles' Articles
- NewsNew Horizons’ latest data reveal more hints about Pluto’s shrinking atmosphere and possible underground ocean.
- FeatureScience News writers report on the latest scientific investigations into time’s place in the physical, biological and mental worlds.
- FeatureMost of Earth’s creatures keep time with the planet’s day/night cycle. Scientists are still debating how and why the circadian clocks that govern biological timekeeping evolved.
- FeatureBiology’s tree of life has morphed from the familiar classroom version emphasizing kingdoms into a complex depiction of supergroups, in which animals are aligned with a slew of single-celled cousins.
- FeatureAs more people survive serious brain injury, researchers are using EEG and fMRI to learn who is aware inside an unresponsive body.
- FeatureE-cigarettes have surpassed cigarettes as the most commonly used tobacco product among teenagers. Medical researchers are sounding the alarm.
- NewsGenetic link between Australia and the Amazon fuels two interpretations of Native American origins.
- Science TickerDark spots emerge on the surface of Pluto in recent images from the New Horizons spacecraft.
- ContextScience falls short of its own standards because of the mindless use of ritualistic statistical tests.
- NewsA new analysis of data from NASA’s Kepler mission has uncovered a planet orbiting a sunlike star that could be Earth’s “cousin.”