Ron Cowen's Articles
- News in BriefLife in black holes, energy from dark matter and other intriguing possibilities in this week's news
- NewsA high-energy blast has gone on for 11 days, puzzling astronomers as to its source.
- NewsWaste heat, not exotic physics, is slowing two 1970s-era space probes down more than would be expected, a new study claims.
- NewsFor the second time in weeks, results from powerful collisions of protons and antiprotons at Fermilab’s Tevatron accelerator can’t be explained with standard model of physics.
- NewsPhysicists could be on the verge of discovering a new elementary particle, studies at a U.S. accelerator suggest.
- NewsMESSENGER spacecraft to capture more than 1,500 images in three days.
- NewsMESSENGER has radioed to Earth a new look at the first rock from the sun.
- NewsA new theory of planetary formation may explain variety seen in extrasolar searches.