Ron Cowen's Articles
- NewsAfter three flybys, a NASA spacecraft settles in for a closer look at the first planet.
- NewsMeasurements provide further evidence for a cosmic push that is accelerating the expansion of the universe.
- Deleted ScenesSkepticism greets claim that three space rocks may contain microfossils of extraterrestrial bacteria.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsThe National Research Council issues recommendations for planetary science projects that NASA and NSF should fund starting in 2013.
- NewsTunnels through spacetime would connect pairs of stars, new simulations suggest.
- NewsDespite a recent flare, solar physicists project low activity for up to a decade.
- NewsNASA takes pictures of Tempel 1 five years after shooting it with a probe.
- NewsReseearchers say they have found a way to directly observe the existence of spinning black holes.
- NewsThe galaxy appears to have gobbled up stars from another galaxy 700 million years ago, and may still have an appetite.
- NewsNASA reveals the first 360-degree panorama of the sun, which should enable early detection of potentially damaging solar storms.