Sarah Schwartz's Articles
- IntroducingA new species of Australian bush tomato bleeds when injured and turns bony in old age.
- 50 Years AgoIn 1966, researchers reported the complete chemical structure of human growth hormone. Today synthetic growth hormone is used to treat growth hormone deficiency.
- NewsLab-made beads can trick and trap sperm, potentially preventing pregnancy or selecting sperm for fertility treatments.
- 50 Years AgoBacterial scourges lurk in warm recreational waters.
- NewsSome lizards may sleep in the same way as mammals and birds, a new brain wave study finds.
- Mystery SolvedBy reordering nearby water molecules, Pseudomonas syringae bacteria can make ice.
- 50 Years AgoBacillus thuringiensis bacteria have provided pest-fighting toxins for over 50 years.
- News in BriefClusters of cancer cells squeeze through thin blood vessels by aligning single file.
- NewsCorals may soon lose their ability to withstand warming waters.
- NewsA DNA-damaging bacterial protein may prolong the lives of infected animals.