Sarah Webb's Articles
- NewsRed blood cells can send a chemical signal that makes platelets less sticky, easing blood flow through narrow vessels.
- NewsPeople who live in an area of China where electronic devices are dismantled and recycled, as well as villagers 50 kilometers away, have high concentrations of flame retardants in their blood.
- NewsMicrobes that ferment glycerol to ethanol could add an economically valuable new ingredient to the biofuel industry.
- NewsA new, gooey, and potentially useful protein has been extracted from the bodies of jellyfish that overpopulate the seas around Japan.
- NewsMolecular cargoes loaded onto nanoparticles can sneak into mammalian cells on the backs of bacteria.
- NewsBacteria lurking in the bowels of an abandoned Wisconsin mine might help remove toxic metals from polluted water.
- NewsA new self-healing material can repeatedly repair damage at the same spot.