Science News Staff's Articles
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss the pitfalls of carbon storage, whether a recent movie got Alan Turing's story right and more.
- Letters to the EditorReaders ask about Earth's most abundant mineral and discuss the notoriously unpredictable behavior of pedestrians.
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss a journal's publishing practices, ask about the human sense of smell and weigh in on their favorite picks from our Top 25 stories of the year.
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss volcanoes and brain studies involving chocolate, and recommend some science-based options for game night.
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss oil spills, the dangers of fracking and what teams need to succeed on long space missions.
- Science TickerReprogrammed adult human cells can produce germ cells, precursors of sperm and eggs.
- Letters to the EditorScience News' website traffic reveals the most-read news stories and blog posts of 2014.
- Science TickerBumping off the rim of a crater probably saved the robotic comet Philae from a cold, dark death, a new analysis of images suggests.
- Science TickerAir pollution may double a pregnant woman's risk of having a child with autism, a new study suggests.
- FeatureWest Africa’s Ebola epidemic captured the attention of both the scientific world, and the world at large in 2014, placing it first among the Top 25 stories of the year.