Science News Staff's Articles
- 50 Years AgoA 17-minute animated movie made with a computer in 1964 took 2,000 hours of film processing and cost $600 per minute. The 2013 animated film Frozen cost about $1.5 million per minute to make.
- Science TickerNASA’s Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) mission ended April 18.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- Reviews & PreviewsEvents include a celebration of science and original watercolor paintings from John James Audubon.
- Science StatsBetter diagnosis may be driving a recent spike in autism.
- Science TickerBig Bird, the neutrino, struck the Antarctic ice with a record 2 million billion electron volts of energy.X
- 50 Years AgoIt has been a long time since millions of American women working outside the home was big sociological news. Women are now 47 percent of the U.S. workforce.
- Letters to the EditorReaders ask about Neandertal genes and electricity-generating spores and react to a fusion milestone.
- Science TickerNewly released images show ancient vents and ash scattered within craters on Mercury's surface.X
- Science TickerThe atomic clock NIST-F2 has launched as the country’s official civilian time and frequency standard.X
- Science TickerThe moon may have formed about 95 million years after the birth of the solar system, up to 70 million years later than some scientists previously predicted.X