Science News Staff's Articles
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss a journal's publishing practices, ask about the human sense of smell and weigh in on their favorite picks from our Top 25 stories of the year.
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss volcanoes and brain studies involving chocolate, and recommend some science-based options for game night.
- Letters to the EditorReaders discuss oil spills, the dangers of fracking and what teams need to succeed on long space missions.
- Science TickerReprogrammed adult human cells can produce germ cells, precursors of sperm and eggs.
- Letters to the EditorScience News' website traffic reveals the most-read news stories and blog posts of 2014.
- Science TickerBumping off the rim of a crater probably saved the robotic comet Philae from a cold, dark death, a new analysis of images suggests.
- Science TickerAir pollution may double a pregnant woman's risk of having a child with autism, a new study suggests.
- FeatureWest Africa’s Ebola epidemic captured the attention of both the scientific world, and the world at large in 2014, placing it first among the Top 25 stories of the year.
- Science TickerFor finches, longer sperm mean a faster route to storage and a higher likelihood of being a dad at the end of the day.
- Science TickerThe Allen Institute for Cell Science will be housed in the same building in Seattle as the Allen Institute for Brain Science.