Science News Staff's Articles
- Science TickerAir pollution may double a pregnant woman's risk of having a child with autism, a new study suggests.
- FeatureWest Africa’s Ebola epidemic captured the attention of both the scientific world, and the world at large in 2014, placing it first among the Top 25 stories of the year.
- Science TickerFor finches, longer sperm mean a faster route to storage and a higher likelihood of being a dad at the end of the day.
- Science TickerThe Allen Institute for Cell Science will be housed in the same building in Seattle as the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Science TickerThe New Horizons probe will remain active for the remainder of its journey to Pluto.
- Science TickerMale smokers are more likely to lose Y chromosomes in their blood cells than men who have never smoked or those who have kicked the habit.
- Science TickerNASA’s new vehicle for human exploration of deep space has successfully completed its first unmanned test flight.
- Science StatsThe Philippines, India and China each lost more than 1,000 lives in 2013 in mass calamities.
- Letters to the EditorReaders comment on changing bird populations, question the usefulness of a new medical test and discuss the interesting physics behind rainbows.
- Science TickerAn experimental vaccine against Ebola virus has tested well in people, researchers report.