Science News Staff's Articles
- Letters to the EditorReaders comment on changing bird populations, question the usefulness of a new medical test and discuss the interesting physics behind rainbows.
- Science TickerAn experimental vaccine against Ebola virus has tested well in people, researchers report.
- Science TickerWhen it comes to interpreting human speech, dogs may have brain-hemisphere biases similar to people’s.
- To DoExhibits at science museums around the country showcase the vastness of geologic time, whale evolution, life in ancient Maya civilization, and the mathematics hidden in nature.
- Science TickerPhysicists with the Large Hadron Collider beauty experiment have identified two new particles called Xi_b'- and Xi_b*-.
- Science TickerThe Philae lander has depleted its batteries and gone into idle mode, probably drawing to a close the surface-based study of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.
- Letters to the EditorReaders ask questions about a study on sweeteners, how scientists recognize primitive tools and the purpose of a dinosaur's sail.
- Science TickerSemen seems to inhibit most microbicides from killing HIV, but one that targets a receptor on cells remains effective, suggesting a promising approach against HIV.
- Science TickerOften overlooked as vocalists, giant otters make 22 different calls as adults and 11 kinds of baby babble.
- Science TickerThe snake Rhabdophis tigrinus seeks out toxic toads to eat when breeding. The snakes can then pass the poisons on to her offspring as chemical defenses.