Science News Staff's Articles
- Science TickerThe Allen Institute for Cell Science will be housed in the same building in Seattle as the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Science TickerThe New Horizons probe will remain active for the remainder of its journey to Pluto.
- Science TickerMale smokers are more likely to lose Y chromosomes in their blood cells than men who have never smoked or those who have kicked the habit.
- Science TickerNASA’s new vehicle for human exploration of deep space has successfully completed its first unmanned test flight.
- Science StatsThe Philippines, India and China each lost more than 1,000 lives in 2013 in mass calamities.
- Letters to the EditorReaders comment on changing bird populations, question the usefulness of a new medical test and discuss the interesting physics behind rainbows.
- Science TickerAn experimental vaccine against Ebola virus has tested well in people, researchers report.
- Science TickerWhen it comes to interpreting human speech, dogs may have brain-hemisphere biases similar to people’s.
- To DoExhibits at science museums around the country showcase the vastness of geologic time, whale evolution, life in ancient Maya civilization, and the mathematics hidden in nature.
- Science TickerPhysicists with the Large Hadron Collider beauty experiment have identified two new particles called Xi_b'- and Xi_b*-.