Sid Perkins' Articles
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Venomous and The Sting of the Wild, researchers delve into the world of venomous creatures and the scientists who study them.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn a new book, a firefly researcher explores why scientists and kids alike are captivated by lightning bugs.
- Reviews & PreviewsAmerica’s Snake looks past timber rattlesnake’s fearsome reputation and delves into the fascinating biology of this iconic serpent.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Eruption, a science writer recounts the societal, economic and geologic forces that contributed to the Mount St. Helens disaster.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Origins, a science writer compiles an ambitious yet concise history of the universe and life on Earth.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn The Last Volcano, a geologist profiles Thomas Jaggar, one of the 20th century’s most influential volcanologists.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn "On the Wing," a biomechanicist reviews how animals took to the air.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn A Naturalist Goes Fishing, a marine biologist takes readers on a round-the-world fishing expedition
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Gods of the Morning, a naturalist chronicles how birds and other wildlife withstand the changing seasons in the Scottish Highlands
- Reviews & PreviewsIn ‘The Reason for Flowers’, a pollination ecologist chronicles the science and culture of blossoms from the dawn of humanity.