Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsMicrowave bursts may serve as warning shots.
- NewsThe size of chinchilla pellets reveals past desert environment.
- NewsWhirlwinds leave dark paths behind by sucking sand grains clean.
- NewsJumping preceded mastery of the touchdown in amphibian evolution, a new study suggests.
- NewsResearchers discover a fresh meteorite impact crater using Google Earth.
- NewsLeft intact, dense swaths of trees can reduce tsunami damage, a new study suggests.
- NewsSeafloor sediments show that agriculture has greatly boosted airborne dust in the last two centuries.
- NewsWarming climate could lead to dead zones, acidification and shifts at the base of the ocean’s food chain.
- NewsA recently discovered fossil demonstrates that giant whales weren’t always as gentle as they are today.
- NewsInstruments on a massive berg help pinpoint a previously unreported undersea ridge.