Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsA decade of droughts has stifled the increasing growth of terrestrial vegetation.
- NewsScientists say the risk of future temblors in region is unclear.
- NewsBetween 2004 and 2009, the rate of clearing dropped almost 75 percent.
- NewsMicrowave bursts may serve as warning shots.
- NewsThe size of chinchilla pellets reveals past desert environment.
- NewsWhirlwinds leave dark paths behind by sucking sand grains clean.
- NewsJumping preceded mastery of the touchdown in amphibian evolution, a new study suggests.
- NewsResearchers discover a fresh meteorite impact crater using Google Earth.
- NewsLeft intact, dense swaths of trees can reduce tsunami damage, a new study suggests.