Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsSeafloor sediments show that agriculture has greatly boosted airborne dust in the last two centuries.
- NewsWarming climate could lead to dead zones, acidification and shifts at the base of the ocean’s food chain.
- NewsA recently discovered fossil demonstrates that giant whales weren’t always as gentle as they are today.
- NewsInstruments on a massive berg help pinpoint a previously unreported undersea ridge.
- NewsA flood carved a surprisingly large gorge that may help understand features on Earth and Mars.
- NewsUnder certain conditions, aircraft can trigger precipitation as they pass through moisture-laden clouds.
- NewsWarm-bloodedness may help explain the creatures’ evolutionary success, a new study suggests.
- NewsHigher temps in Arctic waters might be good for some species but not for others, new research suggests.
- NewsMichigan zircons uncover the path of an ancient river system across North America.
- Deleted ScenesA new theory suggests atmospheric answer to the continuing paradox of why early Earth wasn’t icy.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X