Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsIn one species, adolescents appear to have sprouted a new type of feathers as they matured.
- Deleted ScenesEarly last decade, the world’s tree coverage dropped by more than 3 percent.
- FeatureNearly 30 years after the peak’s major eruption, recovery has just begun.
- Deleted ScenesSid Perkins uncovers the amazing amount of “hidden water” in many consumer products.
- NewsThe rapid growth of Alaskan wetlands before 8,600 years ago was due to hotter summers and colder winters, which could spell trouble in a warmer world, a new study suggests.
- NewsLower reflectivity kept Earth from freezing under a fainter young sun.
- NewsAn uptick in ammonium may be evidence of a 50-billion-ton strike at the end of the ice age.
- NewsAustralian fossils suggest the kin of T. rex dispersed globally 110 million years ago.
- NewsNew discovery adds to the few known biological pathways for making and metabolically using the gas.
- NewsShark-bitten fecal matter probably came from an assault on an ancient croc.