Sid Perkins is a freelance science writer based in Crossville, Tenn.
Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsMeasurements show a trend of rising temperatures along with a leveling off since 2003.
- NewsPhobos may be a mass of rocky rubble, not a captured asteroid.
- NewsThe feathers of Archaeopteryx and Confuciusornis probably were not strong enough to support sustained flight.
- NewsX-ray technique reveals original tissue in the feathers of a primitive bird fossil.
- NewsDips in Earth's gravitational field are tied to 'slab graveyards'
- NewsIn one species, adolescents appear to have sprouted a new type of feathers as they matured.
- Deleted ScenesEarly last decade, the world’s tree coverage dropped by more than 3 percent.
- FeatureNearly 30 years after the peak’s major eruption, recovery has just begun.
- Deleted ScenesSid Perkins uncovers the amazing amount of “hidden water” in many consumer products.
- NewsThe rapid growth of Alaskan wetlands before 8,600 years ago was due to hotter summers and colder winters, which could spell trouble in a warmer world, a new study suggests.