Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsA decline in stratospheric water vapor has slowed Earth’s surface warming slightly in recent years.
- NewsResearchers find microscopic structures in some fossils that may have held pigments.
- NewsA recent drop in summer highs may be linked to greater moisture from the Great Plains.
- NewsOn average, the economic impact of late flights exceeds that of hurricanes
- On the SceneBetter weather forecasts could help farmers avoid unnecessary pesticide spraying.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsChemical changes in seawater make a key nutrient less available to these organisms.
- NewsOnce-rare organisms can become dominant, probably as some environmental conditions change over time.
- NewsNewly discovered trackways much older than previous evidence for sea-to-land transition.
- NewsStudy of one portion of the San Andreas fault finds that just a little added stress from crustal tides makes a quake more likely.