Sid Perkins' Articles
- Deleted ScenesSid Perkins uncovers the amazing amount of “hidden water” in many consumer products.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsThe rapid growth of Alaskan wetlands before 8,600 years ago was due to hotter summers and colder winters, which could spell trouble in a warmer world, a new study suggests.
- NewsLower reflectivity kept Earth from freezing under a fainter young sun.
- NewsAn uptick in ammonium may be evidence of a 50-billion-ton strike at the end of the ice age.
- NewsAustralian fossils suggest the kin of T. rex dispersed globally 110 million years ago.
- NewsNew discovery adds to the few known biological pathways for making and metabolically using the gas.
- NewsShark-bitten fecal matter probably came from an assault on an ancient croc.
- NewsEfforts to prevent global warming by fertilizing the oceans with iron could trigger harmful algal blooms.
- NewsCollagen gives the creatures a bug-catching advantage in chilly conditions.
- NewsMeasurements show that Arctic undersea methane deposits, previously thought to be sealed by permafrost, are leaking into the atmosphere.