Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsAustralian fossils suggest the kin of T. rex dispersed globally 110 million years ago.
- NewsNew discovery adds to the few known biological pathways for making and metabolically using the gas.
- NewsShark-bitten fecal matter probably came from an assault on an ancient croc.
- NewsEfforts to prevent global warming by fertilizing the oceans with iron could trigger harmful algal blooms.
- NewsCollagen gives the creatures a bug-catching advantage in chilly conditions.
- NewsMeasurements show that Arctic undersea methane deposits, previously thought to be sealed by permafrost, are leaking into the atmosphere.
- NewsChile’s February 27 temblor, tectonically linked to another giant quake 50 years ago, sped up the Earth’s rotation and tipped the planet’s axis.
- NewsA study of a rare Norwegian fossil narrows down when polar bears evolved and finds they are closely related to modern-day brown bears in Alaska.
- NewsDeep-sea currents can waft larvae hundreds of kilometers.
- On the SceneBlog: Over the past century, whale hunting released 128,000 Hummers’ worth of carbon into the atmosphere
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X