Teresa Shipley Feldhausen's Articles
- NewsEating an extreme low-calorie diet that mimics fasting just a few consecutive days a month may yield a bounty of health benefits, research suggests.
- Say What?Symmetrization, using rapid muscle movements to repair body symmetry, is the go-to healing mechanism for the limbed stage of moon jellyfish.
- Reviews & PreviewsFrom ancient forests to modern farms, pigs’ relationship with humans has been symbiotic.
- Science TickerThe strength of people’s grip could predict how likely they are to die if they develop cardiovascular or other diseases.
- Science TickerFossilized brains — found in the Burgess Shale in western Canada — offer clues to how arthropods morphed from soft- to hard-bodied animals.
- News in BriefExtremely rare, free-floating galaxies called compact ellipticals may have been ejected from their home clusters after a massive intergalactic meet-up.
- Science TickerWithout an infusion of new wolves, the Isle Royale wolf population, and the famous study associated with it, will die off.