Tia Ghose's Articles
- NewsThe smell of coffee leads to changes in gene activity in sleep-deprived rats, hinting at the molecular basis for the relaxing effect of the aroma seen in experiments.
- NewsEmergency room patients are exposed to high doses of radiation from CT scans and other nuclear medicine.
- NewsUsing a new method of data analysis, researchers have found that the Americas were peopled in two different migrations.
- NewsBy analyzing brain activity, computers can tell what word is on your mind.
- NewsSandy soil on the Red Planet hints at an ancient mix of volcanic activity and water, a potent breeding ground for life.
- NewsBacteria stick better to rigid surfaces.
- NewsA light microscope with high resolution may enable scientists to view the 3-D structures within living cells.
- NewsA single genetic change may lead to the notable diversity of leaves seen in Galapagos Island tomato plants.
- NewsHeavy cannabis smokers have increased blood levels of a protein linked to heart disease.
- NewsPlague bacteria may be deadlier than its harmless cousin because of a few small genetic changes.