Yao-Hua Law is a freelance science writer based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Yao-Hua Law's Articles
- NewsShrubs in mountainous areas of Brazil have specialized roots that secrete chemicals to extract phosphorus from rock.
- The Science LifeA new device for investigating bat migration suggests that the flying mammals orient themselves by the setting sun.
- NewsA new study finds that the smell of hermit crab flesh attracts other hermit crabs of the same species desperately looking for a larger shell.
- NewsNovel use of poisoned toilet paper rolls and teabags led to discovery that termites help tropical forests resist droughts.
- NewsA honeybee queen’s absence in the colony triggers some workers to turn queen-like and lay eggs, sometimes in other colonies.
- FeatureWith deforestation in Malaysia, monkeys and humans are getting closer — and mosquitoes are infecting humans with malaria from monkeys.
- Mystery SolvedAs they eat insects, one nematode species releases chemicals that attract more insect prey.
- How BizarrePig-tail macaques are seen as a menace on Malaysian palm oil plantations, but may be helping to reduce rodent populations.
- The Science LifeExternal male reproductive organs hid internal female capacity to give birth among hermaphrodite sharks in India.
- Science StatsLeaf-cutter ants struggle to carry wet leaves, so they run to avoid rain.