© 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
The risks attached to giving birth in the home, even with a midwife present, are greater than in the hospital, an analysis of U.S. birth records suggests. Babies born at home are 10 times more likely to lack a pulse and be unresponsive when they are five minutes old.
- NewsBuilt-in poop nourishes bacteria that protect notorious Formosan species.
- NewsClearing out uncharged molecules may prevent charge buildup.
- NewsA dearth of the gas in the Red Planet's atmosphere disappoints scientists looking for signs of biological activity.
- NewsGenomes of big felines provide insight into their evolution.
- News in BriefParasite carried by cats causes ill effects on rodents long after mice get over disease.
- NewsTop players' arm motions when betting provide clues to whether or not they hold strong cards.
- NewsUsing microbes to harvest energy from wastewater now has a silver lining, with the metal making reliable, rechargeable batteries.
- News in BriefAmino acids in collision residue support importance of extraterrestrial impacts.
- News in BriefTwo people with different symptoms had amyloid-beta fibers with different shapes.