It means inspiring the next generation of science, technology, engineering and mathematics leaders. Expanding STEM opportunities for teachers and students. Being the go-to source for surprising and important science reporting. Helping students link their education to the latest science discoveries, facts and news. Fostering partnerships between research teachers and affiliated science fairs. Empowering advocates to support community-based STEM projects.
It means: Society for Science & the Public.
Just as scientists were committed to launching the Saturn V rocket to get an unmanned spacecraft into Earth orbit during the Apollo 4 mission in 1967, the Society is committed to sparking scientific curiosity around the globe.
Today, we ask you to Give to Science.
- Join the Society on this day of giving and take action to keep science a priority by:
- Make a gift to Society for Science & the Public.
- Sign up to volunteer at the 2018 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Pittsburgh, Pa., in May.
- Give the gift of Science News.
- Post your love for all things STEM on social media using the hashtag #Give2Science.
Please visit www.givetoscience.org.