Andrew Grant's Articles
- NewsIn a puzzling paradox, delivering quantum messages becomes more difficult if the intended recipient offers the sender multiple options for the time and place of delivery.
- FeatureMIT theoretical physicist William Detmold probes the fundamental bits of matter that combine to form the nuclei of atoms.
- NewsA new phase-conjugation mirror sends light waves back where they came from, allowing physicists to reconstruct images even if the original light was severely scrambled.
- Science TickerAn ultrathin invisibility cloak called a skin cloak offers more stealth in a thinner package.
- News in BriefA new invisibility cloak offers more stealth in a thinner package.
- NewsGame theory reveals that there’s a limit to the effectiveness of relying on prior results to predict competitors’ behavior.
- NewsWaves of electrons have been bent backward in a sheet of graphene, allowing physicists to focus electrons the way a lens focuses light.
- NewsUltrathin sheets of carbon can conduct electrical current with no resistance at low temperatures.
- NewsA new experiment provides the most robust proof that quantum mechanics doesn’t follow the rules we take for granted in everyday life.
- NewsLight sliding along the boundary of a black hole encodes everything that ever fell inside, suggests Stephen Hawking in a new but incomplete proposal.