Andrew Grant covers physics and dabbles in astronomy for Science News. He started his science journalism career at Discover magazine in New York, where as associate editor he wrote and edited feature stories and ran the front-of-the-book news section. Andrew has a bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey and a master’s in journalism from New York University’s Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program. His story “Cosmic Blueprint of Life” appeared in The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology in 2011.
Andrew Grant's Articles
- NewsMeasuring stellar brightness can yield useful estimates of stars' size and evolutionary stage, and help in the hunt for planets.
- News in BriefSpace telescope’s days as a premier planet hunter are over.
- NewsResearchers speedily transmit information from one tiny circuit to another on solid-state device.
- News in BriefPulsar near Milky Way’s center makes first assessment of this type possible.
- NewsA new transistor combines the essential features of high speed and low energy consumption.
- NewsLight’s twistiness allows researchers to measure rotating object’s speed.
- News in BriefProbe captures planet from 1.4 billion kilometers away.
- News in BriefLong difficult to estimate, date of space rocks' formation emerges with new technique.
- News in BriefFirst proof of character shift documented at Japanese detector.
- NewsGalaxy's maw begins to tear apart and change the velocity of an approaching object.