Carolyn Gramling's Articles
- NewsThe same neural circuits that adults use to perform complex calculations are already at work in preschoolers doing basic math.
- NewsSome seemingly quiet black holes are actually efficient engines that emit jets of high-energy particles.
- NewsRising global temperatures are causing Arctic birds to breed earlier in the spring, but for Antarctic birds, the reverse is true.
- NewsThe humble bladder is now the world's first bioengineered internal organ to work in people.
- NewsAlthough a good night's sleep aids memory storage, learning isn't a task that just happens overnight.
- FeatureUltraslow-spreading undersea ridges are giving oceanographers fresh insights into how Earth's crust forms.
- NewsThe December 2004 tsunami had little geological impact on the seemingly fragile coral-reef islands of the Maldives archipelago.
- NewsWith DNA origami, researchers can make complex nanostructures.
- NewsWhen Italy's Mount Vesuvius begins to rumble again, nearby Naples may be in danger.
- NewsA diet low in protein can improve the effectiveness of drug therapy and reduce the periods of the most debilitating symptoms suffered by Parkinson's disease patients.