Andrew Grant covers physics and dabbles in astronomy for Science News. He started his science journalism career at Discover magazine in New York, where as associate editor he wrote and edited feature stories and ran the front-of-the-book news section. Andrew has a bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey and a master’s in journalism from New York University’s Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program. His story “Cosmic Blueprint of Life” appeared in The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology in 2011.
Andrew Grant's Articles
- NewsFusion energy output hits modest milestone at National Ignition Facility.
- NewsAn experiment has simulated the long-sought magnetic particle.
- NewsThe light technique may one day be used to build giant telescopes in space.
- NewsNASA's now-defunct Kepler space telescope captured five stellar explosions as they happened.
- NewsGalaxy warps light of distant exploding star, greatly increasing its brightness.
- News in BriefKOI-314c, an exoplanet 200 light-years away, is about 60 percent larger than Earth but made mostly of gas.
- NewsGrains of matter spewed by stellar explosion offer clues to early star formation.
- Mystery SolvedLeave it to the English to solve the mystery of a tea kettle’s whistle.
- Science VisualizedMaps from the European Space Agency’s Planck satellite reveal the cosmos in a range of microwave and infrared frequencies.
- FeatureA falling rock delivers a wake-up call.