Ashley Yeager's Articles
- Reviews & PreviewsThe Biological Mind rejects the idea of the brain as the lone organ that makes us who we are. Our body and environment also factor in, Alan Jasanoff says.
- Science VisualizedBirds of paradise have superblack feathers because of tilted, spiky microscopic features in their feathers.
- FeatureFacing so many unknowns about multiple sclerosis, researchers explore the immune system, the neurons and the gut to fight the disease.
- Science VisualizedA montage of images taken by the Rosetta spacecraft and its lander, Philae, recap the daring mission to comet 67P.
- Science & the PublicHurricanes such as Harvey, Irma and others have been devastating, even deadly, yet they drive our desire for scientific discovery.
- TeaserBy studying variations in the rings of Uranus, researchers have determined the mass and density of the planet’s moon Cressida.
- Science TickerBy studying variations in the rings of Uranus, researchers have determined the mass and density of the planet’s moon Cressida.
- How BizarreIce has taken on a strange structure, with its water molecules arranged in nearly perfect cubes.
- NewsWhen clouds of water-ice particles cool at night, snow starts to fall rapidly on Mars, simulations suggest. The squalls could explain observations made by the Phoenix lander in 2008.
- NewsThe moon’s magnetic field could have lasted until about a billion years ago.