John Travis' Articles
- NewsScientists may have found an explanation for why coffee drinking prevents Parkinson's disease.
- NewsResearchers monitoring monkeys have seen signs that slashing normal calorie consumption can benefit long-lived primates by extending natural life spans and reducing the odds of suffering diseases such as cancer.
- NewsThe abnormal production of a parasite-fighting enzyme contributes to asthma.
- NewsBiologists now have a way to predict when a woman will start menopause.
- FeatureGenetically engineered mice that get prematurely old give hints to the causes of aging.
- NewsAn unusually shaped protein may help a bacterium thrive in tough times.
- NewsA mutant gene confers resistance to chloroquine upon parasites that cause malaria.
- NewsResults from polymerase chain reaction experiments challenge the existence of ultratiny microbes called nanobacteria.
- FeatureScientists are finding the molecular targets of anesthetics.
- NewsA boy born with extra-large muscles has mutations in a gene regulating muscle growth.