Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsThe bubble that envelops the planets and other material in the solar system does not have a tail, new observations show.
- Science TickerThe Cassini spacecraft will plunge into Saturn’s atmosphere and disintegrate on Sept. 15, but is slated to do some solid science before its demise.
- Science TickerNitrogen bubbles may be the source of the “magic island” on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- News in BriefNitrogen bubbles may be the source of the “magic island” on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- NewsThe underground ocean of Saturn’s moon Enceladus harbors an abundance of molecular hydrogen, which could be an important source of food if microbial life exists there.
- NewsA previously unidentified dark mark on Jupiter has been dubbed the “Great Cold Spot” because of its temperature and resemblance to the planet’s Great Red Spot.
- News in BriefImages from the ALMA observatory in Chile reveal that early days of stars can be just as fiery as their death.
- NewsA hefty red, dead galaxy may raise questions about how galaxies formed in the early universe.
- News in BriefOver the planet’s history, the Martian atmosphere has lost 66 percent of its argon and a majority of its carbon dioxide, according to data from NASA’s MAVEN spacecraft.
- NewsGravitational waves may have given a supermassive black hole a big kick, with enough energy to send it flying toward the edges of its host galaxy.