Gwyneth Dickey's Articles
- NewsMosquito genome number three could lead to new pesticides to fight the adaptable pests.
- NewsA new X-ray microscope technique peers inside materials to reveal their inner nature.
- NewsResearch finds that Prozac increases levels of a microRNA and may explain why the drugs take several weeks to work.
- NewsAn exquisitely preserved dinosaur from central Spain has a hump on its back and suggestions of featherlike appendages on its arms. The primitive carnivore lived about 125 million years ago and may push back the first known instance of feathers on the dinosaur family tree.
- NewsE. coli bacteria fight antibiotics with help from drug-resistant neighbors.
- FeatureThe latest advances from the field of DNA nanotechnology include nanobot ‘spiders’ learning how to walk and even do some work.
- NewsA new study may yield new insights into behavior and life-span in ants and other animals.
- NewsA meteorite’s age has pushed back the estimated time of the solar system’s formation by almost 2 million years.
- NewsNew pictures expand evidence of the moon’s shrinkage over the past billion years.