Sam Lemonick's Articles
- The Science LifeHarvard chemist George Whitesides applies his unique problem-solving philosophy to creating new diagnostic devices for the developing world.
- News in BriefHigh efficiency could make perovskite solar cells useful for generating environmentally friendly fuel.
- NewsPhotosynthesis-inspired fuel cell uses water to make hydrogen gas and could feature in next-generation cars.
- NewsCompounds called ionic liquids can penetrate bacterial biofilms on skin to deliver antibiotics to potentially life-threatening infections.
- NewsA survey of the world’s oceans finds far less polymer trash than expected, and researchers don’t know where the rest of the plastic is.
- PeopleThe New Jersey physicist has decided not to run for re-election but is a proponent of scientists in office.
- FeatureBiological fuel cells that generate electricity by harnessing sugars and oxygen in the body may one day power implanted devices in humans and other animals.
- NewsThe theory that RNA spawned the first organisms gets a boost from a common compound.
- NewsAnalyzing shapes of cell borders may prove useful in cancer diagnosis.