Sid Perkins is a freelance science writer based in Crossville, Tenn.
Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsA flood carved a surprisingly large gorge that may help understand features on Earth and Mars.
- NewsUnder certain conditions, aircraft can trigger precipitation as they pass through moisture-laden clouds.
- NewsWarm-bloodedness may help explain the creatures’ evolutionary success, a new study suggests.
- NewsHigher temps in Arctic waters might be good for some species but not for others, new research suggests.
- NewsMichigan zircons uncover the path of an ancient river system across North America.
- Deleted ScenesA new theory suggests atmospheric answer to the continuing paradox of why early Earth wasn’t icy.
- NewsAnalyses of discarded oyster shells confirm a deep drought during the Virginia colony’s earliest years.
- NewsAfter examining more than 90 new specimens of Nectocaris pteryx, paleontologists put it near the root of the cephalopod evolutionary tree.
- NewsMeasurements show a trend of rising temperatures along with a leveling off since 2003.
- NewsPhobos may be a mass of rocky rubble, not a captured asteroid.