Sid Perkins' Articles
- NewsOceanographers are finding more patches of floating polymers, some up to 20 meters deep.
- NewsIsotopic analyses of fossils suggest the carnivores had crocodile-like habits.
- NewsMineral crusts deposited 81,000 years ago in a Mediterranean island’s caves suggest an abrupt jump in sea level.
- NewsAnalysis of a fossil suggests plumage first evolved for display, not flight.
- Deleted ScenesAncient bat may well have used sound waves to sense the world, Sid Perkins reports in the latest Deleted Scenes blog.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsA decline in stratospheric water vapor has slowed Earth’s surface warming slightly in recent years.
- NewsResearchers find microscopic structures in some fossils that may have held pigments.
- NewsA recent drop in summer highs may be linked to greater moisture from the Great Plains.
- NewsOn average, the economic impact of late flights exceeds that of hurricanes