Alexandra Goho's Articles
- NewsAn orbiting observatory in space will sense atmospheric carbon dioxide levels around the globe, creating a detailed map of the greenhouse gas' sources and sinks.
- NewsScientists have created a memory device in which data are encoded in switching molecules called catenanes that are attached to a carbon nanotube.
- NewsBy controlling the amount of water in their glands, spiders and silkworms prevent their silk proteins from crystallizing prematurely.
- NewsA recyclable catalyst promises to eliminate the waste generated during the manufacture of a wide range of chemicals, including drugs and ceramics.
- NewsScientists have identified a mechanism to explain how amino acids evolved to become exclusively left-handed in all living organisms.
- NewsMicroscopic mirrors can swarm a target and produce an optical signal that identifies the target to the observer.
- NewsA hybrid material consisting of a bacterial protein and a temperature-sensitive polymer proves efficient at removing mercury from contaminated water.
- NewsA new class of electrically conducting organic molecules provides researchers with improved materials with which to fabricate plastic electronic devices.
- NewsAn ultra-sensitive chemical sensor uses microcantilevers to detect airborne plastic explosives within seconds.