Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsMolecular oxygen detected around comet 67P may not be a relic of the solar system’s birth. Instead, it may be generated by interactions of water, the solar wind and the comet’s surface.
- News in BriefResearchers developed the structure-based color printing technique as an alternative to ink-based printing, in which colors fade with time.
- News in BriefCassini has completed its first dive between Saturn and its rings. Along the way, it snapped stunning pics of the planet’s atmosphere.
- NewsThe bubble that envelops the planets and other material in the solar system does not have a tail, new observations show.
- Science TickerThe Cassini spacecraft will plunge into Saturn’s atmosphere and disintegrate on Sept. 15, but is slated to do some solid science before its demise.
- Science TickerNitrogen bubbles may be the source of the “magic island” on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- News in BriefNitrogen bubbles may be the source of the “magic island” on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- NewsThe underground ocean of Saturn’s moon Enceladus harbors an abundance of molecular hydrogen, which could be an important source of food if microbial life exists there.
- NewsA previously unidentified dark mark on Jupiter has been dubbed the “Great Cold Spot” because of its temperature and resemblance to the planet’s Great Red Spot.
- News in BriefImages from the ALMA observatory in Chile reveal that early days of stars can be just as fiery as their death.