Lisa Grossman's Articles
- NewsJust a swish of the carbohydrates in an energy drink can increase muscle performance, a study suggests.
- NewsInspired by a classic particle physics experiment, researchers get water droplets to condense by shooting a light beam skyward.
- NewsPhysicists propose a method that could explain how birds’ magnetic-sensing organs work.
- FeatureLaser physicists have set their sights on new types of waves — manufacturing beams of sound, creating plasma swells and looking for ripples in spacetime.
- NewsTropical asphalt lake could be analog for extraterrestrial microbial habitat.
- NewsThe famous fragment of Mars, once proposed to hold signs of extraterrestrial life, is still pretty old. But the rock appears to have formed about 400 million years later than earlier analyses indicated.
- NewsReversed orbits among ‘hot Jupiters’ decreases chance of Earthlike neighbors.
- NewsHigh-speed video reveals the aerodynamics behind the insects’ maneuverability.
- NewsDifferent areas are active depending how the grammar of a sentence conveys meaning.