Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsNew Horizons’ latest data reveal more hints about Pluto’s shrinking atmosphere and possible underground ocean.
- 50 Years AgoFifty years ago, Mariner 4 revealed that the Red Planet was peppered with craters. Now we know pockmarks are common on many other planets and moons, too.
- Science TickerBoas actually kill by constricting blood flow of their prey, not suffocating them, as scientists previously suspected.
- Science TickerA new dino named Wendiceratops pinhornensis gives hints about how Triceratops and other relatives got their horns.
- Science TickerSnatching blood clots from the brain with a wire mesh stent is a new stroke treatment that is now supported in the United States.
- How BizarreHallucigenia sparsa gives hints to how some animals ended up with teeth in their guts and platelike pieces around their mouths.
- Science TickerEggs of some species of warbler and weaver birds appear to have individual signatures, which can help distinguish them from the eggs of parasitic cuckoos.
- News in BriefEggs of some species of warbler and weaver birds appear to have individual signatures, which can help distinguish them from the eggs of parasitic cuckoos.
- Science TickerThe European Space Agency has received signals for its comet lander Philae, which touched down on comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in November and has been in hibernation since.
- NewsHints of blood and collagen found in poorly preserved dinosaur bones suggest that soft tissue from the creatures may be easier to come by.