Ashley Yeager's Articles
- Science TickerOnce we learn a word, our brain sees the string of letters as a picture, even if the word isn't a real one.
- FeatureRogue planets may form as stars do, but on a smaller scale, or they may go forced out of orbit during planetary ping-pong. Researchers are scanning the skies for them.
- News in BriefDust still lingers in the remnants of supernova that exploded 10,000 years ago, affirming that the explosions filled the early universe with dust.
- News in BriefEarly ancestors of crocodiles, not dinosaurs, may have been northern Pangaea’s top predator 230 million years ago, according to a new fossil find.
- Science TickerWhen mudskippers move from water to land, they use a tongue made of water to move food to the back of their throat and into their stomachs.
- News in BriefA whale fossil is helping to pinpoint when the East African Plateau started to rise and how the uplift played a role in human evolution, scientists say.
- NewsA new study offers clues to how ultrasound may work as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
- NewsBumblebees sometimes prefer fake flowers with the combined patterns and colors of ones seen before, suggesting they merge memories of past experiences.
- News in BriefFossilized teeth from the newly identified Epirigenys lokonensis, an ancestor of the hippopotamus, are filling in some of the mammoth mammal’s history.
- News in BriefA high-speed hydrogen cloud on a crash course with the Milky Way appears to be an exotic interloper, preliminary data suggest.