Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsA new dino called Yi qi may have taken to the skies with wings akin to those of pterosaurs and flying squirrels.
- NewsFossils of a bizarre-looking dinosaur found in Chile are challenging ideas about how dinosaurs adapted to their environments.
- NewsBold snails have tougher shells than shy snails. Understanding what drives snails to develop such differences is a bit of a challenge.
- Science TickerTo make public subway systems more efficient, researchers track smart card taps and flag problem stations.
- 50 Years AgoMoon dust didn’t swallow spacecraft as was suggested in the 1960s. Successful exploration since that has changed our view of the moon.
- Science TickerThe internal clocks of mice are sensitive to changes in the sky’s colors. Humans’ clocks may work similarly, offering a tool to trump jet lag.
- NewsAn octopus crawls unlike any other animal. Mimicking the cephalopod’s control over its movements may lead to more agile robots.
- NewsCertain gene variants may predispose people to experience the placebo effect, which may have implications for clinical trials and personalized medicine.
- News in BriefBones of a new terror bird confirm the creatures used their beaks to hatchet their prey but also raise questions about what drove the birds extinct.
- The Science LifeAstronomer Zoltan Levay uses the Hubble Space Telescope to create stunning images of cosmic landscapes.