Ashley Yeager's Articles
- News in BriefBones of a new terror bird confirm the creatures used their beaks to hatchet their prey but also raise questions about what drove the birds extinct.
- The Science LifeAstronomer Zoltan Levay uses the Hubble Space Telescope to create stunning images of cosmic landscapes.
- NewsFruit flies appear to make memories of the calories in the food they eat, an observation that may have implications for weight control in humans.
- Reviews & PreviewsNature writer William deBuys introduces readers to the enigmatic saola of Southeast Asia.
- NewsBlind rats can learn to navigate with a compass and microchip prosthetic wired into their brains. Similar devices may one day help humans have super senses.
- Science TickerNewly developed exoskeleton boots that are unpowered are showing scientists that it is still possible to make walking even more efficient for humans.
- NewsDespite previous claims, equal numbers of male and female embryos are conceived, new data suggest.
- News in BriefThe virus causing the current Ebola epidemic in West Africa is not evolving as quickly as some scientists had suggested.
- NewsA detailed genetic portrait of the Icelandic population is helping scientists to identify the genetic underpinnings of disease.
- Science TickerOnce we learn a word, our brain sees the string of letters as a picture, even if the word isn't a real one.