Jenny Lauren Lee's Articles
- NewsLike the eyes and ears, each nostril vies for the brain’s attention, a new study suggests.
- NewsBlind and sighted people’s brains sort the living from the nonliving in the same way, suggesting this ability may be hard-wired.
- NewsThe Large Hadron Collider will begin colliding protons at half of the designed energy this November, with plans to repair the faulty sections of the accelerator at the end of 2010.
- NewsScientists find newborn nerve cells in the intestines of adult mice, suggesting a new line of research for treating intestinal disorders.
- NewsChanging pressure helps scientists gauge the speed of light in composite materials.
- NewsAnimal study shows over-the-counter medications lower weight and treat type 2 diabetes. The study is one of four to link type 2 diabetes with the immune system.
- NewsA study reports a new, cheaper way to harvest energy from salt water and fresh water.
- NewsHigh-res Arctic sea images should be declassified, says National Research Council.
- NewsA new study shows that nanoparticles of frozen water melt at drastically lower temperatures than water in bulk.