Julie Rehmeyer's Articles
- Math TrekThe reclusive mathematician who proved the Poincaré conjecture may or may not claim his prize.
- Math TrekEconomics, origami and other fields trigger new and original creations.
- Math TrekMathematicians apply a technique from vision research to find fake art.
- Math TrekThe Polymath project harnesses the power of the Internet to use massive collaboration to solve a major problem in record time
- NewsOne mathematician’s closer look at voter ballot data reveals that results run afoul of Benford’s Law and show other suspicious anomalies.
- Math TrekMathematicians find new answers to the still puzzling theorem that four colors suffice to color any map.
- Math TrekNew, fair method for dividing states into congressional districts could reduce political squabbles.
- Math TrekDespite disliking mathematics, the great biologist inadvertently advanced statistics.
- Math TrekAn exhibit of mathematical art reveals the aesthetic side of math.