Patrick Barry's Articles
- NewsYeast cells fed a calorie-restricted diet live longer and have just as much energy as those fed a normal diet.
- NewsAs researchers develop ways of reprogramming adult cells, such as skin cells, to have the same flexibility as embryonic stem cells, this new test shows that the reprogrammed stem cells are truly capable of becoming any cell in the body.
- NewsAdding carbon compounds to some ocean systems may lead to a counterintuitive drop in their overall carbon content — and how much carbon dioxide the ocean could store.
- NewsProtein improves old rats’ ability to form new memories.
- NewsAdvances in gene therapy could tempt some athletes to enhance their genetic makeup, leading some researchers to work on detection methods just in case.
- NewsCradle-to-grave analysis of emissions from power plants suggests that capturing and burying CO2 could have environmental costs.
- NewsInjected RNA molecule lowers LDL in rats and monkeys.
- NewsDelivering small interfering RNAs, or siRNAs, to human immune cells in mice protects the cells from HIV and suggests future therapy for patients.
- NewsA new study in mice finds that plaques associated with Alzheimer’s wreak havoc on calcium’s role in cell signaling.