Aimee Cunningham's Articles
- NewsSeveral pesticides can disrupt a partnership that enables certain plants to take up nitrogen by enlisting the help of bacteria.
- NewsNational policies to maximize the benefits of wind farms while lessening their environmental impacts may be needed.
- NewsChemicals that prevent grease from seeping through food packaging can transform into a suspected carcinogen.
- NewsTrace amounts of the synthetic estrogen used in birth control pills can cause a fish population to collapse.
- NewsWith a tweak to their genetic codes, bacteria have been coaxed to follow a chemical trail of a researcher's choosing.
- FeatureHarnessing the sun's rays cheaply and efficiently could address the planet's energy needs.
- NewsThe United States emitted nearly 1 percent more greenhouse gases in 2005 than it did in the year before.
- NewsSwitching the nation's vehicles from gasoline to ethanol may not reduce air pollution.
- NewsPhysicists have constructed a pipette that dispenses a billionth of a trillionth of a liter.
- NewsNew research explains why a cancer-causing form of chromium has been turning up in ground and surface waters far from industrial sources.