Aimee Cunningham's Articles
- NewsA new chemical catalyst can remove the pollutant perchlorate from water.
- NewsThe chemical coat that an invasive ant species relies upon to recognize its kin may someday serve to turn family into foe.
- NewsTextile scientists have for the first time extracted from rice straw natural cellulose fibers that can be spun into yarn.
- NewsA study that traces antibiotic-resistance genes in the environment indicates that they are present even in treated drinking water.
- FeatureAs they study the biochemical processes that make Mycobacterium tuberculosis tick, researchers are finding new targets to exploit to combat the microbe.
- NewsCooling towers appear to be more effective than natural waters at fostering novel bacterial species that cause illnesses in people.
- NewsAn Alzheimer's disease drug could be protective against the deadly effects of two nerve agents.
- NewsA biodegradable coating could add a temporary splash of color to sports fields, buildings, or even people's bodies.