Aimee Cunningham's Articles
- NewsResearch on how nanotechnology affects human health and the environment must be expanded, a National Research Council report concludes.
- NewsThe 2006 Nobel prizes in the sciences were announced this week, and all five winners are U.S. scientists.
- NewsZebra tarantulas can secrete silk from their feet, a feat that may help them better adhere to surfaces.
- FeatureThe latest generation of microelectrodes is reaching into biological realms to detect the ebbs and flows of chemicals at the surfaces of cells.
- NewsA new chemical catalyst can remove the pollutant perchlorate from water.
- NewsThe chemical coat that an invasive ant species relies upon to recognize its kin may someday serve to turn family into foe.
- NewsTextile scientists have for the first time extracted from rice straw natural cellulose fibers that can be spun into yarn.
- NewsA study that traces antibiotic-resistance genes in the environment indicates that they are present even in treated drinking water.