Davide Castelvecchi's Articles
- NewsScientists show that cheap chemical dyes may one day help with the efficient capture of the sun's energy
- NewsFossilized feathers of an early bird or dinosaur may retain evidence of pigment, offering a chance to animal colors of the Cretaceous.
- NewsA limited supply of vaccine shots, if targeted well, could stop the spread of disease.
- NewsScientists reveal a mathematical principle underlying the arrangement of leaf veins in plant species.
- NewsA controversial interpretation of passages from the Odyssey suggests that Homer knew much more about planetary motions than historians thought possible.
- NewsAn experiment may explain the origin of underwater waves that shape the sediment of continental slopes.
- NewsAn optical trap lets atoms in but not out, and it can be used to study matter at ultracold temperatures.
- NewsThe mathematics of soapy water yields some clues to the origin of the genetic code.
- NewsScientists reveal new details on how extendable jaws help fish capture prey.